Intro Centuries ago, real estate agents used piles of paper or whatsoever was available during those days to save business […]
Cloud vs. On-Premise Odoo ERP System: Which One To Choose?
Over the last several years, there has been a noteworthy shift toward cloud-based solutions in the ERP Software industry. According to 2017 research, about 49 percent of small and medium-sized businesses are now utilizing or plan to utilize SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) for business activities.
ERP (Enterprise resource planning) software is vital to a company’s performance; selecting the correct ERP for your organization is critical. When selecting an Odoo ERP system for your company, you will come across a variety of options.
The type of ERP system you select will significantly impact the advantages your company will derive from your ERP in the future.
This write-up dives deep into the differences between cloud-based and on-premise ERP solutions.
A cloud-based ERP is a technical architecture in which the organization accesses the ERP over the internet, and the servers are located in an offsite data center.
When people talk about cloud ERP, they refer to software as a service (SaaS). Although the SaaS model is most common for a cloud-based ERP, many people wrongly believe that both words are identical.
You do not own the software in a SaaS deployment. It is provided to you by a vendor via a monthly subscription. After then, the program is made available through the internet, and your data is saved in the cloud.
Advantages of Cloud-based ERP Solutions
- The advantage of a cloud-based Odoo ERP system is that it is easier to maintain.
- Cloud-based ERP solutions allow you to access your data from any location, at any time, and on any device.
- Due to high scalability, a cloud-based ERP system may expand with your company.
On-Premise ERP Solutions
An on-premise ERP system is placed on computers on a company’s premises and is managed by the company’s own IT staff.
An ERP may necessitate the acquisition of more powerful servers, operating systems, or database software. You will need to keep an IT staff on standby to manage the software and hardware, but you will have total control over the system, its upgrades, and security in exchange.
Advantages of On-Premise ERP Solutions
- One of the most significant advantages of an on-premise ERP solution is that you have total control over your system.
- You may schedule updates, backups, and security checks whenever it is necessary and suitable for your company.
- An on-premises ERP system provides better customizability, allowing you to easily fulfill your firm’s demands.
- By implementing your Odoo ERP on-premises, you can assure that your critical data is kept in-house and accessible only by employees.
Which Odoo ERP solution is right for your business?
A great ERP system goes a long way in terms of performance, efficiency, and scalability. Depending on your business requirements, you can choose the ERP solution.
If you are still unsure about the sort of Odoo ERP system you need, Ksolves can give some experience-based advice.
Get more information about cloud ERP vs. On-premise ERP systems at the links given below.
Do you want to upgrade your business using Odoo ERP or need assistance with the implementation?
Contact Ksolves experts.